- 1 Celery Rib, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 C chopped green pepper
- 1/4 C chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 4 Italian Sausage Links, casings removed
- 1 can stew tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water
- 5 tbs tomato paste
- 2 tbs chopped green chilies
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
How to cook:
1. In a small saucepan, sauté the celery, onion and sweet peppers in oil until crisp-tender.
2. Crumble the sausage into a skillet; cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
3. Stir in the tomatoes, kidney beans, water, tomato paste, chilies and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes or until thickened.
4. Sprinkle with cheese