If you decide to take on the task of painting interior walls, here are some things to think about that can save you time, aggravation, and ensure a better finish:
– Make sure to clean all surfaces as that will ensure proper adhesion of paint.
– Painters blue tape will help tremendously for clean lines and prevent paint from running onto trim.
– Use heavy canvas as drop cloth as it protects floors and it can easily conform to corners.
– Safety First: Dust Mask and Protective Eyewear are a must when sanding.
– Sand lightly and evenly, with fine grit sandpaper (150).
– If paint is peeling, be sure to scrape off excess.
– Apply primer coat and tint the primer with your final color; make sure they are same type of paint.
– Using paint grids instead of paint trays will save you time and aggravation.
– Skip the ladder and use a telescoping roller instead.